convent of our lady, girls boarding school

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
soheila

Postby soheila » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:35 am

Hello, my name is soheila. I used to go to a boarding school in St. Leonards on sea during the years 1975 to 1978, the name of my boarding school was CONVENT OF OUR LADY. I want to know if it is still there and if yes, I need to know the web address and information about it. Please let me know in details.

Thanks
Soheila.

Emma

Re: convent of our lady, girls boarding school

Postby Emma » Sat May 20, 2006 9:38 pm

Sorry, I know this messge is being posted a long time after your origional one, but in case you are still searching I'm afraid the school is not still there but the building is. I can't remember what it is now butit might be something like an old people's home.

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:10 pm

is this the school which was in filsham road if so then it is no more,I believe demolished and houses built on the site though the nuns residence is still but now this is occupied by a charity,but not sure about this,it has been gone for 10 or 12 years

Heidi Elliot

Postby Heidi Elliot » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:19 am

I used to go to this school between 1983-85 I was so unhappy there. Would be nice to hear from anyone who may remember me!

onai

Postby onai » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 am

[quoted]
Heidi Elliot wrote:
I used to go to this school between 1983-85 I was so unhappy there. Would be nice to hear from anyone who may remember me!
[/quoted]

Hi went there during that time_ _ _.I know that it was late eighties, so I may be off, and you may have graduated before me. I graduated 88-89. I was a boarder.
Hopefully you check this forum.

ReneeForrestall

Postby ReneeForrestall » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:56 am

[quoted]
soheila wrote:
Hello, my name is soheila. I used to go to a boarding school in St. Leonards on sea during the years 1975 to 1978, the name of my boarding school was CONVENT OF OUR LADY. I want to know if it is still there and if yes, I need to know the web address and information about it. Please let me know in details.

Thanks
Soheila.
[/quoted]
Hello Soheila- I was there in 1978 - I think I remember your name - and am trying to remebmber your face - I think you were in the upperschool - I think I sat at the dining hall at your table - were you the head of the table? - I was a curly haired girl from Canada - my sister was also there - i joined the facebook group for the Convent of Our Lady. I have many fond memories of the Convent. I remeber lots of people including Sr. Francois, Sr. Lucy, Sr. Sabastian and Matie Sr Stephanie and her greyhound dog she used to wear under her sweater! I lived at St. Dominiques.
Hope to hear from you.
Renee

sarah_morgan

Postby sarah_morgan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

Hi
I was at the Convent from 1978-1980, i was in Miss Inskips class, i remember sister francoise very well, i used to hand out with lucy lark and stasia cywinski, also philipa stribling. was in the orchestra (Mr Martin?), other names I remember are Rosemary Taylor and Jackie Dunn and helen cocker. cant remember the guy that used to teach latin, but remember he had a temper ha ha.
would love to hear from anyone that was there.
Sarah strauss (nee morgan)

mildred_cowan

Postby mildred_cowan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 pm

[quoted]
ReneeForrestall wrote:
[quoted]
soheila wrote:

Thanks
Soheila.
[/quoted]
Hello Soheila- I was there in 1978 - I think I remember your name - and am trying to remebmber your face - I think you were in the upperschool - I think I sat at the dining hall at your table - were you the head of the table? - I was a curly haired girl from Canada - my sister was also there - i joined the facebook group for the Convent of Our Lady. I have many fond memories of the Convent. I remeber lots of people including Sr. Francois, Sr. Lucy, Sr. Sabastian and Matie Sr Stephanie and her greyhound dog she used to wear under her sweater! I lived at St. Dominiques.
Hope to hear from you.
Renee

[/quoted]

Hi Renee,
My name is Edmund Cowan and my great - grandmother attended St. Leonard's on Sea. I am trying to find out about the school and any records they may have. Can you remember anything about the history of the school?

Edmund Cowan - Ireland

lisa_jenny

Postby lisa_jenny » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 pm

I was there about that time please contact me on lisajenny@hotmail.co.uk even if its just to chat about the school i ended up hating it there from loving it

rebecca_lynne

Postby rebecca_lynne » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 am

[quoted]
mildred cowan wrote:
[quoted]
ReneeForrestall wrote:
[quoted]
soheila wrote:

Lance: I too am looking for information on the school back during WW 2 when my mother was evacutated there. I have spent much time searching the net but haven't come up with anything yet . . . . Did you?
Thanks
Soheila.
[/quoted]
Hope to hear from you.
Renee

[/quoted]

Hi Renee,
My name is Edmund Cowan and my great - grandmother attended St. Leonard's on Sea. I am trying to find out about the school and any records they may have. Can you remember anything about the history of the school?

Edmund Cowan - Ireland

[/quoted]

Return to “Schools and Colleges”